I have spent years trying to make breakfast smoothies that taste good, fill me up and are healthy and finally I managed to create one and it is OH so tasty (in my opinion of course) and not too bad for you. It’s a fairly recent concoction that I now frequently consume and fits with my, no gluten, no milk, no nuts etc etc dietary restrictions… It also happened to be vegan, so I suppose that’s an accidental bonus.
- Approx 3/4 cup/180ml of coconut milk (or milk alternative of your choice)
- Approx 3 tablespoons of plain coconut yogurt
- 1 chopped Banana
- Handful of frozen berries (I tend to go for blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon of pre-soaked chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of cacao powder (this smells like chocolate, but dear god do not eat it on it’s own, it is BITTER.)
(Optional: you can add a 1/2 cup of GF porridge oats if you want more substance).
-Shove it all in a blender and blitz for a minute until as lumpy or non-lumpy as you like.
Simple as that.
“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast” – Lewis Carroll | Alice in Wonderland